Welcome to our 8th grade English class website. I will update periodically. This will be a great place to check what happened in class and homework. Please use this as an extra "classroom buddy." From time to time, I will post handouts that were given out in class. Have fun and practice safe and responsible computing! --Ms. Silver
Friday, Sept. 5.
QW: If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one ability or quality, what would it be?
In class, checked in Demons No Excuses study project.
Discussed Thursday's QW: why do people tell stories about their families, their communities, their world? What is a story that is told in your family?
Began work on Native American storytelling/literature. Introduction, notetaking.
Began class "popcorn" read "The World On The Turtle's Back."
WOD: carafe (n) serving vessel for liquids. When I am tired, a carafe of coffee from my students would be teriffic!
On Monday, will do no excuses pre-test.
Tuesday: No Excuses test
Weds: Mystery Novel Progress check #1. Should be halfway through novel by now.